POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG?: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5 : Re: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jun 2000 00:42:24
Message: <39470d30@news.povray.org>
I was looking at the ripples pattern some more, scaled to a regular 1 unit
size (also in the y axis).  Appears what is happening might be that the phase
suddenly reverses the  0 to 1  bounds into a  -1 to 1  zone instead.   Why it
would only start to (and end) at a range of phase 0.16 to 0.84 (that's a guess
by the way) and not for all parts of phase 0 to 1 is beyond my understanding.
Perhaps related to sine and/or cosine?

Bob