POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG?: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5 : Re: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern and Heightfield, Win MegaPov 0.5
From: Lee Brown
Date: 13 Jun 2000 22:24:21
Message: <3946ecd5@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> "Lee Brown" <lee### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
> | I'm getting some strange results with the Heightfield/Pattern
combination
> | when used with the phase modifier and would like some comments please.
I've
> | included the code in povray.binaries.scene-files under the subject
> | heading "Heightfield / Pattern bug".
> I'd have to see the pov script to say anything definite, and even then I'm
no
> expert.
The code is located in povray.binaries.scene-files under the subject heading
"Heightfield / Pattern bug"

> What occurs to me is that maybe there is turbulence used in that and phase
can
> really change a pattern that isn't regular to begin with.  Could be
anything
> though.
Well the heightfield which is scaled to be about .3 pov-units high starts
slamming up and down hard and going past the 0.3 unit scaling.  Very weird.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody took a look.

Thanks,
Lee