POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Realistic radiosity (MegaPOV) : Re: Realistic radiosity (MegaPOV) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic radiosity (MegaPOV)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 12 Jun 2000 15:49:14
Message: <39453F30.F80BB024@kivisalo.net>
About matching the Cornell box image.

I tried first with white light source but the match required too
high diffuse value. Then I red the data page
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/box/data.html and changed
the main surface color to white and adjusted other colors from there.
The diffuse value 0.75 came out from trial and error cycle. It can't
be a coincidence that it's pretty close to the maximum reflectance
of the white surface.

I was a bit worried that my pseudo-scientific approach would produce
information with limited usability but now I can say that the methods
in my previous post apply to all (indoor) scenes.

Next I test photons with this scene.
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/box/measured.jpg

Kari Kivisalo                                          www.kivisalo.net