POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Motion blur : Re: Motion blur Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion blur
From: Scott Hill
Date: 11 Jun 2000 20:36:04
Message: <39443074$1@news.povray.org>
news:394291e5@news.povray.org...
> Scott Hill <sco### [at] innocentcom> wrote:
> :     1. Multiple objects.
>
>   The result will be wrong. Suppose that the object stays in its place.
> With true motion blur it will not have any difference from a non-blurred
> object. With this multiple object trick it will be a bit transparent.

    Well, I'd personally modify the number of clone objects according to the
distance an object moves - if it doesn't move it needs no clones. Besides,
surely because all the semi-transparent clones are just going to be exactly
over the non-transparent original this one will show through, making it
completely non-transparent.

--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.