POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Advice sought : Re: Advice sought Server Time
14 Sep 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice sought
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Jun 2000 02:31:03
Message: <393f3da7@news.povray.org>
"Serge LAROCQUE" <sgl### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:393### [at] hotmailcom...
| > http://www.antarcticamedia.com/gallery/index.html
|
| I just went to take a look..... you think it would be possible to reproduce
these
| without great difficulty? Specifically 'Element 115' in the 'Space' section.
A bit
| of motion blur, a nice ocean surface, and some CSG saucers ought to do it?
and
| 800$ for this???

Yes, I'm not sure what the pricing is based on.  I tend to think of art I see
for sale at certain events like  Alabama Jubilee this last Memorial Day
holiday.  Although other exhibited art, paintings I'm talking about, can be
nearly that range.  We're talking prints though in this case, not originals
:-)
While on the subject, want to see a whole collection of good stuff?  Mostly 3D
Studio things it seems.
Try:  http://www.raph.com/3dartists/artgallery/
Someone at an AOL message board posted about that place.  Might take a couple
hours to look through  the gallery.

Bob