POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Writing to files and reading them : Re: Writing to files and reading them Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Writing to files and reading them
From: Tony[B]
Date: 6 Jun 2000 10:31:26
Message: <393d0b3e@news.povray.org>
> Probably because I'm an idiot and can't keep track of everything. I come
across
> a page and I work like mad to figure out exactly how it works.

Oh, Josh, please. Don't be like that. I had no intention to make you feel
like an idiot (which you are not). It's just that I've posted the link
several times since I found it, and yet, every time someone is working on
cloth, they're using the stuff on Hugo Elias' site. I hope you can
understand my feelings of mild frustration, which led me to post that
message. I should have added a comment about how it wasn't an attack on you,
in any way. Sorry.

> Which link are you referring to? I'll happily take a look. I suspect that
when
> you posted whichever link it was, I was busy focusing on other things.

http://www-syntim.inria.fr/syntim/recherche/provot/index-eng.html

Now that I just went back to check it, I realize that the links to the
images and animations aren't working on the page. Hmm... well, anyway, if
you can download the papers that they wrote, all the images on the webpage
are in there. If not, then I'm sure I can send you the papers and animations
through ICQ. In them, they compare the two systems, and show how theirs
works. (I hope you know enough physics to understand it, I had to consult
with my teacher at school when I found this the first time :)

Oh, and for Gilles and his people: the papers were originally in French.
Maybe the guys on the French POV group can get together to work on it too?
:)