POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Gravship Animation - Comments Please : Re: Gravship Animation - Comments Please Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravship Animation - Comments Please
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Jun 2000 22:30:56
Message: <393c6260@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Valencia" <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> wrote in message
| http://www.209software.com/gallery/gravship.gif
| I put it up on my website, because I can't make MPEGS, only animated
| gifs.

Gee, sure wish you were able to make Mpeg files  ;-)

| I know the wheel needs some distinguishing marks, and to spin slower
| already...

The lights going on and off on top of the "wheel" (not the collision-avoidance
lights) doesn't seem right at all.  It's like someone is playing with the
switches in various rooms there.
The flatness of the luminous blue panels might be good with a little diffusion
at their edges or something, but not glow outside of them such as in air or
anything, just less perfect.
And there's those flat plateless parts of the ship too.  Hull plate type
textures always seem to be a favorite.

Bob