POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Poll: MPEG output option : Re: Poll: MPEG output option Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poll: MPEG output option
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Jun 2000 22:05:20
Message: <393c5c60@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Valencia" <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> wrote in message
| i.e. it would render the frames in order 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 1, 21, 31,
| 41, 51, 2, 12, 13, 14, 15, ...
|
| This way, I could tell if the animation was messed up in frame 83 sometime
| before next Thursday.
| I'd like to see the frames rendered like that or in another "interlaced"
| order.

That would be a good feature, I agree.  But not really to check every
individual frame since to see #9 or 99 would still take a while.  I just
setting the number of frames to 1/10, for example, or the final number for
testing the animation.  That does no good though if all is okay and you reset
back to the final number of frames since they will be timed wrong.  So, that
is a good idea.

| Since parsing is so time consuming, isn't there a way to parse it all once
| and do all the rendering from one parse?

I'd have to say bad idea even if possible.  Or at least in the way I think it
would be worked.  Probably like adding all frame parses into a series before
beginning the actual renders, in which case there could be a large amount of
memory used thus making this idea not too feasible for everything.
Any other way would probably be quite a feat of programming maybe.

Bob