POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Push-Ball : POV-Ray Push-Ball Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Push-Ball
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jun 2000 23:01:52
Message: <393b1820@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson suggested a while ago that we could make some kinds of
POV-Ray games where POV-Ray users could write include files that would
control something in the game, so that the best include file wins.

I saw he recently made a pov-golf game. I think such games could be very
interesting, and I'm trying to make a game of my own, called POV-Ray
Push-Ball.

In povray.binaries.scene-files you can get some files that will produce a
preview animation of a Push-Ball game.

Basically each player-dot is trying to push the ball-dot into one of the
other player's goals.

Any number of players from 2 and above can play this game. They will each
have their own goal to defend, which will be behind them when they're in
their initial positions.

POV-Ray Push-Ball is not completely finished yet. The basic algorithms are
done, but some details are still to be made, and I would also like to make
the game appear more visually appealing.

What do you think of the idea?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,