POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Lathe (35 KB) : Re: Twisted Lathe - Illustration of method (66 KB) Server Time
6 May 2024 08:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisted Lathe - Illustration of method (66 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Jun 2000 22:40:57
Message: <393DB5D9.EE109890@online.no>
Serge LAROCQUE wrote:

> I am reminded of a Simpsons episode (everything reminds of a Simpsons episode
> ;) ) in which someone mentioned a Play Doh factory, then they showed it, there
> was a giant ruler with holes of various shapes (star, triangle, etc). Then the
> foreman called for a "Crescent moon, crescent moon", and you would see it
> squeeze through the crescent-moon-shaped hole and go onto a waiting truck :-)

Sorry. I like the Simpsons, but I haven't seen more
than a few Simpsons episodes.

I can imagine that squeezing something soft through
different shaped holes would create similar shapes to
my "Twisted" shapes.

But I'm afraid that since I'm not a native speaker of
english, there may be something in the humour in the
episode you mention that I don't understand.  :(

E.g.: Are there any US-word games in there ?

And what is Play Doh ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom