POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Lathe (35 KB) : Re: Twisted Lathe (35 KB) Server Time
6 May 2024 15:40:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisted Lathe (35 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 5 Jun 2000 19:23:30
Message: <393C3603.7A9CA7E6@online.no>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> This would be really nice for roads, rails, etc. following a terrain
> surface in height and slope

Good ideas !

Thank you.

> (for example using megapov's hf_height_at
> feature).

Sounds interesting. Does that feature allow one to
"wrap" a height field around any shape ?

> I am waiting for a public version :)

I'm working on it. And I'll post it when it's finished.

If you're interested in having a look at some preliminary
code, you can peek at the code I am about to post.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html