POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Gears : Gears Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:47:32 EDT (-0400)
  Gears
From: Loial Raven
Date: 4 Jun 2000 22:57:01
Message: <393B169F.9813661D@telus.net>
Ok... i just read the thread on looking for gears... i'll let my gear
stuff out :)

I've been working on this for quite a while, it's still not finished,
and it won't be for quite a while yet. Right now i'm working on bevel
gears, as well as looking at making helical gears and helical bevels...

attached is the gear_polar.inc and geartest.pov files.
The include file is the one you want to use. there is a little help at
the begining of the file, but not all that much... it should be useable
to those who have looked into gears at all, as well it has the macro
that can make multiple gears mesh, though this only works in one
direction.

The geartest.pov is an example of what the gear code can do. it is an
animation, so raytrace as such...
i used:
+KFF13
+KC
+A0.3
and it came out with a realy nice animation... uh... i don't have a copy
of that online as yet.

well, have fun,
     the Loial Raven

P.S. please give credit for this, it's my baby :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (6 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (8 KB)