POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Buggy trig? : Re: Buggy trig? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Buggy trig?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Jun 2000 20:42:49
Message: <3939a609@news.povray.org>
In article <39399F72.5F639DC0@unforgettable.com> , Xplo Eristotle
<inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:

> As I understand it, this should produce a nice loop; starting from no
> rotation (clock = 0, sin(0) = 0), the right end of the text should be
> rotated toward the camera while the left end falls away until a quarter
> of the way through the animation, where the rotation reaches -20 degrees
> (clock = ~.25, sin(360*.25) = 1). Then, it should rotate back the way it
> came until halfway through (sin(360*.5) = 0) and then keep rotating that
> direction until 3/4 of the way through the animation where it reaches 20
> degrees (sin(360*.75) = -1). And finally, it should rotate back again
> until it reaches no rotation.

The trigonometric functions use radians which is clearly stated in the
documentation.  See the section about floating-point functions to find out
how to convert from degrees to radians.  However, you can probably solve the
whole thing without using any function and just use rotate (but I don't
understand what you want to do).

      Thorsten