POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Text files with the logos? : Re: PLC: Text files with the logos? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: Text files with the logos?
From: Rune
Date: 2 Jun 2000 14:24:45
Message: <3937fbed@news.povray.org>
"Josh English" wrote:
> Gut reaction is very important when viewing a logo for
> the first time( or any piece of art). Hearing about the
> piece first can alter the way you think about the piece
> when you see it. Just think about any media hype about
> any disapointing movie.

I agree, and that is my concern.

However, I guess it would be possible to say to the voters something like:
"before you read the text file for a logo, take note of what you think of
the logo. Reading the text file may change your view at the logo, but it is
important that you judge the logo also upon your first reaction." I don't
know if it will work though.

I personally think the arguments for and against having a text file is about
equally good, so I'll just wait and see what others say.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,