POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 : Re: Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550
Date: 1 Jun 2000 10:23:27
Message: <393671df@news.povray.org>
"Mark Wagner" <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message

> >Questions:
> >? uses Povray 3.1 this new SIMD
> >instructions
>
> No.
>
> >? Is it to expect that future pov version will
>
> Probably not.
>
> >? what effect on speed do they have or is
> >expected that they will have at POV
>
> Probably none.

Thanks!

That makes the decision very easy for the Celeron.

I hate marketing hypes like
intelweboutfiter where You are asked first
to have a P3. It's like all other computers
are unuseable crap of the past.
And when even my ADSL is the most
limiting part for internet surfing, why should
only this 70 new instructions in a PIII make
internet an experience?

So I will wate with the order of my new notebook
until next week when Gericom has also the
mobil Celeron 550.

--

Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://www.BeingFound.com