POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies : Re: Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies
From: Rune
Date: 1 Jun 2000 07:53:13
Message: <39364ea9@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> > What I though of was a website where any pov'er could
> > have his photo, a short decribtion of himself (maybe
> > like those descriptions at tag.povray.org), and age,
> > country/state/town, etc., (like in The List of Ages).
>
> I would gladly consider adding more features to the
> Photo Album, if there's enough interest. I can think of
> a couple things that could easily be implemented without
> making things much more complicated:
<snip>
> 2.) The picture and/or name text could double as a link
> to that person's website, where he can put all the info he
> wants.

Not everybody has a website, and it would be nice to have descriptions of
several people at the same place I think.

> Personally, since I've been putting this together, I've
> really enjoyed finding out where y'all are from, and I
> think location information would be a nice addition. In
> fact, I think I'll go ahead and add that. Yep, that's
> what I'm gonna do.

But The List of Ages already has that information. No need to dublicate that
work.

I personally think a linking system between webpages would be better because
there's already other pages that contain information about the POV'ers.

> BTW, Bob Hughes has a really cool mapping page at
> http://users.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm, and it already
> shows where all the action is around the world, no need to
> duplicate Bob's work.

That's my point exactly. I knew about that website, and there's other
websites which also contains information about POV-Ray users. No need to
dublicate other's work. But maybe we could make a linking system that in a
smart way linked between the different websites.

> Comments/suggestions/objections? Especially regarding
> brief biographical info. - I think Rune has a good idea
> here...

I personally would like to make a website myself with short descriptions
(brief biographical info) of the different POV-Ray users. As far as I know
such a website has not been made already. The users could make their own
descroptions, or others could make them for them, but of course the
descriptions would always have to be certified by the person in concern.

The advantage of not having this as a part of the photo album is, that
people can submit the brief biographical info even if they haven't submitted
a photo.

So I think a linking system would be better. What do you think?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,