POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 : Re: Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:38:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Jun 2000 04:22:30
Message: <39361d46@news.povray.org>

news:39360583@news.povray.org...
| "Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
| > POV-Bench is probably the place to have a look around at:
| > http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.htm
|
| Some times very confusing,
| because maybe not at all entries
| is declared, that more than one
| CPU is used.
|
| But fascinating.

I know, I wonder how accurate or even true all those statistics are there
sometimes.  Not easy to understand the times without more information.
Although one was the IBM demonstration from a while ago which is stated on the
main page.

| I did first time raytraceing 1992 with DKB
| to make some pictures for my book.
|
| http://www.pege.org/gemini/dkb.htm

Seems not many people do this kind of thing for actual purposes other than art
for arts sake.
Great little historical account in your message post about your experiences
with POV.

| Question: is there a history about
| first television broadcast with POV
| generated pictures?

Any history of anything about POV might be difficult to find.  I find some
things about POV-Ray in the old PovZine at www.povray.org/povzine/  however
very little there.

| I wanted to create a video about a city
| in the future. But I discovered that