POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies : Re: Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photo Album project for all us newsgroupies
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 May 2000 20:40:28
Message: <3935b0fc@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message news:39358532.A6450178@pacbell.net...

| Margus Ramst wrote:
| >
| > Ken wrote:
| > >
| > > shows the typical POV-Ray user asleep at the computer waiting for
| > > yet another long render to finish.
| >
| > Since when does a typical POV user sleep?
|
| When waiting for yet another long render to finish of course.

Not me, I stare at the % or Rendering line: or PPS counts and if they aren't changing
watch the blank space just below the last line in the render display in anticipation
of
the next update.  If that doesn't keep me spellbound enough I go online and surf the
'net.  When I do leave the computer for it to ray trace alone the best way to do so is
leap out of the chair and make it to the door and out of the room fast as I can or
I'll
think of something else and risk stopping the render.  Half joking... I'm not always
very fast.

Bob