POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 : Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:47:24 EDT (-0400)
  Pentium III 500 or Celeron 550
Date: 31 May 2000 10:25:37
Message: <393520e1@news.povray.org>
I just decide what will be my next notebook.

It will be a Gericom Silver Seraph
alias Compal 30T
alias Dell 3500

I can choose from several mobil CPU from
Intel.

The Pentium III is more than $100 more
expensive than the Celeron 550.

In comp.sys.laptops discussion, the effect
of the smaller second level cache is seen
between 5% and 10%.

Question: has somebody a compare table
about Povray performance on different
Celerons and Pentium III

( I was 1994 runing around with a POV floppy
  and tested every notebook with it,
  was my standard test :-)

So the Celeron 550 should be equal or
little bit faster than the Pentium III 500.

But the Celeon has not the 70 new SIMD
instructions.

Questions:
? uses Povray 3.1 this new SIMD
instructions
? Is it to expect that future pov version will
? what effect on speed do they have or is
expected that they will have at POV

--

Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://www.BeingFound.com