POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: Submission formats? Server Time
4 May 2024 00:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission formats?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 31 May 2000 08:55:16
Message: <39350bb4@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message
> The point here is that there's a RULE saying the the logos must work in
> black and white, and there's a reason that rule were made. Therefore the
> voters should be able to see how the logo looks in black and white.

I agree completely. What I believe in is:
1) everybody knows the logo should work in B/W;
2) voters will vote accordingly (or not, if they do not agree with point 1);
3) author choose what they submit, including if they submit a b/w image and
knowing the potential consequences.

Hence authors who:

- do not agree with point 1,
or
- think they can use the avalaible space to show something they believe more
important,

can act accordingly. And let the voters judge - it _is_ their job. If a
voter think an author as mis-used the avalaible space, preferring to show
fancy FX rather then a logo, he can score this logo very low.

OTOH, if an author think the B/W version is important (as I think it is), he
will include it. If he is unsure, he will follow the guidelines and be on
the safe side. And I carry this line of reasonning to all formats: so I'd
only fix a total submission size, letting each author choose how he wants to
use it (why not its own html presentation page?).

Now, I do not pretend I am right or that you are wrong. It is only my
opinion: these are justs the rules I would use if I were to organise the
contest. Just my personnal taste.

I am glad you are back. I hope your HD was left undamaged.

Povingly,

Philippe