POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Bitmapped textures and Grass : Bitmapped textures and Grass Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:52:35 EDT (-0400)
  Bitmapped textures and Grass
From: Chad Kruger
Date: 29 May 2000 00:28:54
Message: <3931F2EE.ED6A62FB@hotmail.com>
Hello all.

I'm currently attempting to expand my POV abilites, so I just have a few
questions.

1)  Is the windows and mac versions of POV-RAY the same?

2)  How do you apply bitmapped images as textures?  (POV-Help doesn't
explain it all that well)

3) How can you wrap a patch of grass algoithm to a sphere or, better
yet, a height field?

If anyone could help with these questions, that would be great.

Thank you!