POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Truespace 3 SE on UK Mag cover : Re: Truespace 3 SE on UK Mag cover Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truespace 3 SE on UK Mag cover
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 25 May 2000 10:01:23
Message: <392d3233@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
> ComputerArts had the same thing,  a brit rag on the shelves of most Barnes
&
> Nobles.
>
> I've been badly burned by CA in the past however, with their "free
software".
> With the "Free" Organica software (not a demo), it was called a "POW
> Distribution",  which turned out to be a save and export-disabled demo.
>
> I'm fearful that CA's   "SE" edition of Truespace is going to be a save
and
> export-disabled demo. I bought the mag but afraid to take the time to
install
> it.
>
> Does anyone have direct experience as to what TS3SE literally is?

Not quite (in that I've also been too timid to potentially waste my time)
but someone who HAS installed it says it works fine - but he import (and
especially export) filters are a subset of the full TS3's list (for example,
TS3SE doesn't EXPORT wavefront .OBJ files. Or so I'm told).

Hope that helps,

Cliff Bowman