POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.msdos : POV-Ray 1.6 : Re: POV-Ray 1.6 Server Time
2 May 2024 07:59:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 1.6
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 May 2000 04:58:28
Message: <392b99b4@news.povray.org>
news:392B69E4.55F27484@pacbell.net...
| > Seems there was a Polyray 1.6, different ray tracer.
| > I found no sign of it for download though.
|
| Wasn't/Isn't that Alexander Enzmann's raytracer ? If so I might
| be able to dig up a copy of it but no gaurantees.

Well, yes, I looked around more and found no download for it.  There's a
D/L of Polyray 1.8a at someone's site, and a lot of mentions of ver. 1.6
at the POVzine part of www.povray.org.
I'm thinking since Guy M. Broome here has seemingly mistaken what he's
wanting to find that it must be either early POV-Ray version or a
utility which that Polyray version can be used with.  Just guessing at
this point obviously, but Polyray 1.8a would suffice probably if that is
indeed the program being sought after.  Either that or this is a wild
goose chase  :-)

http://www.povray.org/povzine/povzine3/RESOURCE/    Polyray 1.6
utilities

http://pages.infinit.net/gollum/polyray/poly1.htm    Polyray 1.8a
program itself (sorry, I didn't see a Xander site)

Bob