POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: New submission formats suggestion : Re: New submission formats suggestion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New submission formats suggestion
From: Rune
Date: 22 May 2000 15:09:40
Message: <392985f4@news.povray.org>
"C.J." wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> > I have made a new suggestion for the submission
> > formats in the POV-Ray Logo Contest. 2 "black
> > and white" versions, 2 "color" versions, and 3
> > "custom" versions
>
> Do submissions have to include all these listed
> (for a total of 7), or can a submission contain
> any one?

As stated in the details, the 2 black and white versions are required, the
color formats are only for logos that should have an official way of
coloring them, and the custom formats are optional (you can make 0, 1, 2, or
3 custom versions of your logo).

The reason the black and white formats are required is that there's a rule
in the POV-Ray Logo Contest that says that the logos must be presentable and
easy recognizable in just black and white. In order for the voters to decide
if the logos follow this requirement, they must see the logo presented in
just black and white.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,