POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texturing question...part 2 : Re: Texturing question...part 2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:39:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing question...part 2
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 May 2000 06:17:45
Message: <392908F7.35F85D06@inapg.inra.fr>
Warp wrote:

> Richard Speir <bxm### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> : I use obj2pov to convert the object file to a POV mesh.
>
>   Does it convert the uv-mapping as well?
>   I think you should use 3DS2Pov:
> http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/tools.html

Obj2pov was created to support uv-mapping and conversion to
UV-Pov/Superpatch/Megapov's uv-aware mesh format (not mesh2). There are some
cases where the obj to 3DS conversion doesn't work properly (at least with
freeware tools) so obj2pov is still a viable option until someone comes up
with a 100% reliable obj to mesh2 converter.

G.