POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: New submission formats suggestion : PLC: New submission formats suggestion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: New submission formats suggestion
From: Rune
Date: 20 May 2000 11:32:49
Message: <3926b021@news.povray.org>
Based on the feedback I have got, I have made a new suggestion for the
submission formats in the POV-Ray Logo Contest. 2 "black and white"
versions, 2 "color" versions, and 3 "custom" versions.

1)  2 x black and white format (no shades of gray, except for
anti-aliasing). One in 32x32. One in 120x120 or any other resolution
with max 14400 pixels. These two formats should be identical, except for
the size. They are required.
This format could be used for the POV-Ray icon, for webpages, for
water-marks in people's images, and many other things.

2)  2 x color format. Only for logos that should have an official way of
coloring them. Plain colors and gradients are allowed, but not "effects"
such as shading or reflection etc. . One in 32x32. One in 120x120 or any
other resolution with max 14400 pixels. These two formats should be
identical, except for the size.
This format could be used for the POV-Ray icon, for webpages, and many
other things.

3)  3 x custom format. All effects are allowed. 2 of them are in 180x180
or any resolution with max 32400 pixels. One of them is in 360x360 or any
resolution with max 129600 pixels. These three formats can be completely
different from each other. They are optional.
This format could be used for webpages, banners, splash-screens,
wallpapers, and many other things.

I think almost every possible use is covered in by these formats, when you
keep in mind that they are previews/examples only.

What do you think? I hope as many as possible will reply.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,