POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: PLC: Submission formats? Server Time
17 May 2024 21:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: Submission formats?
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 19 May 2000 18:20:30
Message: <3925BDD9.DF99B466@club-internet.fr>

I see where we disagree.
You suggest a large version of the small logo and only the symbol/logo for
people to get a better idea.
-> Two pictures ( a 16-32 and a 120 ) are needed.

I suggest two different pictures
-> One with only the symbol ( 16-32 format)
-> One with the logo and a few more details ( 120 format and above).
When I mean with details, I mean with the symbol, the letters and effects

> The large format of the simple version of the logo will not have more
> details, but it will be much sharper, and be more clear, and less blurred of
> anti-aliasing.
>
> I can understand that you think there should be more details in the larger
> versions, but that is what the custom / fancy formats are for.

Well,in that case the 120 format ( the one used for the [ Banner-Homepage] will
look pretty empty ( with only the logo in it).

> Again, it's to show the simple versions in large formats. You can use
> shading and reflection too, but that should be in the custom/fancy formats.
> That's what the custom/fancy formats were made for after all.

To sum up, you suggest only two types of format

120 )

That still leaves a gap between these two formats.
It might be better to propose a more detailed one at 128 and leave the 180 or
(much) more for the splash-screen.

> You are suggesting that we should have free formats *only*

No, I just meant that the logo-designer ( or whatever you call him her) should
decide whether to use effects or not.
I agree that there should be a kind of standards ( in sizes)  just to compare
the logos, but in no way we should tell whether to use effects, gradients, plain
colors or not.