POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange transmit feature : Re: Strange transmit feature Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange transmit feature
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 May 2000 13:26:40
Message: <39257950@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message

| What I complain about that the color of the surface is ignored. And for a
| strange reason it is *only* ignored with transmit values above 1. It
| shouldn't ever be ignored.
|
| No, my point is that actually it works "correctly" with *all* values below
| 1. Even negative values. Transmit values above 1 should simply work just the
| same way.
|
| > It seems the rgb 0 (or blacker) end of the
| > spectrum is given a certain priority.

I was just getting at the idea that maybe darker (toward rgb 0) colors with
transmit applied might be "enhanced" to convey it's own pigment and not that
of the background.  Checking the graph once again it appears my imperfect mind
switched the graphs on me, in a way anyhow.  What I was actually intending to
be saying before was that the transmit is probably supposed to increase
intensity (saturation?) of any color greater than rgb 0 (leaving rgb 0 alone
still for >1 values of transmit).  Sorry, but I don't express myself clearly
even when I try.
So.... to make an assumption, I'd have to say the way transmit works must've
been planned that way.  Acting as a kind of pigment (including background)
booster.  And reason I mentioned filter too was because I think it probably
does likewise.
Btw, I'm also wondering why no one else has spoken up about any of this.

Bob