POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange transmit feature : Re: Strange transmit feature Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange transmit feature
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 May 2000 20:39:42
Message: <39248d4e@news.povray.org>
I care, really I do  ;-)
I only glanced over the graph before.  So little time, etcetera etcetera.
Thing is I guess is that transmit is somehow intended to, well, transmit.
Something akin to emission in media let's say.  Whether that's right or wrong
is up to the POV gods I suppose.  You're right though, it's something which
doesn't seem to adhere to a pure transparency sort of thing as it appears to
be doing within the confines of only a 0 to 1 range.  It seems the rgb 0 (or
blacker) end of the spectrum is given a certain priority.  I don't know if I'm
wording any of this very well.
Did you also try graphing 'filter' in this same way?  Talk about something
that emits when >1 !
Anyhow, very good job of graphing.

Bob