POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Flower (62KB) : Re: Glass Flower (62KB) Server Time
1 May 2024 23:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Flower (62KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 May 2000 20:27:32
Message: <39248A3B.11F24932@online.no>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> Very nice model,

It seems that several people like this shape.
And again I'm flattered. Thank you.

> but I don't like the background colors much.

I agree. But I was to tired to work on them.
And the next morning I had to leave home for
some days.

> Also, real glass tends to exhibit variable reflection; in my own
> experiments I've found that type 0 with a falloff power of 2 or so
> provides a fairly realistic look (though it may not be mathematically accurate).

This is the T_glass3 from the glass.inc file that came with POV-Ray.
Unfortunately I do not have much experience with modelling of glass.

So at the moment I'm not capable of doing the changes that you
suggest above.

(Btw: About the falloff you mention:
- Is this about the light source - or the interior of the glass ?
- Or is it about something else ?)

> The highlights seem a little large in places.

I agree. But because of the long rendering times it will take me
a looong time to find a better lighting for this image. :(

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html