POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Flower (62KB) : Re: Glass Flower (62KB) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:52:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Flower (62KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 May 2000 20:17:09
Message: <392487CC.6E50CD10@online.no>

> Nice one.

Thanks

> What is your max_trace_level,

It's POV-Ray default and I believe that is about 5 (?)

> and how long did it take to render ?

I'm not sure but I think it took 2-3 days on my 100 MHz Pentium
(800x600 pixels). (I just left it on when I had to leave home for 3 days.)

> I see dark areas in the petals. Is it POV which stopped shooting rays or is it
> your black background which is refracted ?

The black areas are because of the relatively low max_trace_level number

First I thought that I should increase this number, but then I remembered that
some glass images I rendered earlier looked nicer with some dark areas.

So I didn't change it for this rendering.
I now think that it helps in making the glass stand out from the background.

But I have now also increased the max_trace_level number to 20 just
to see how it looks. (And in a couple of days I'll now.)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html