POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texturing sPatch models : Re: Texturing sPatch models Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing sPatch models
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 May 2000 04:29:18
Message: <3923A988.910B0E6F@inapg.inra.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   Export to a mesh and use the uvmapper:
> http://home.pb.net/~stevecox/uvmapper.htm

...then save the model as *.obj, convert to *.3ds, then to the mesh2 format
(using Thomas Baier's 3DS2POV). If you use 3DWin to make the obj to 3ds
conversion, I've noticed that it removes the uv info when the model didn't
have this info when first created (like in DXF models made with sPatch). I've
not fully investigated this problem, so I don't know what's happening, but be
sure that the uv info is kept in the final pov mesh.
G.