POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC source files : Re: IRTC source files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC source files
From: John VanSickle
Date: 17 May 2000 22:36:36
Message: <39235A97.508FF3FD@erols.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> I have been trying to render some of the IRTC files and I am amazed
> that so far none of the ones I tried to run would do so. Missing
> files, misnamed files, orphaned variables, and huge typos.
>
> Am I just unlucky in my choices or is this the way it goes, people
> maybe -trying- to make their files not workable?

In some of my earlier animations I edited the same source file over
and over in order to produce the next shot.  This makes it nearly
impossible to recreate the animation (Rusty's Late suffers from this
problem).  For the later animations each shot has its own .INC file,
but some of the .INC files for individual models changed over the
course of the project, sometimes in a non-backwards compatible way.

The other problem, as other people have pointed out, is that some
source files are relatively well-known compilations of macros, and
were left out because the user assumes that everyone has it.

I'm no longer including my sources with my IRTC entries because I
don't want other people using Rusty (et amicos) without my involvement.

Regards,
John