POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: Submission formats? Server Time
5 May 2024 04:11:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission formats?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 May 2000 18:45:16
Message: <3921cf7c@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote
> "Bill DeWitt" wrote:
>
> > 32X32X2
>
> Is those 2 colors before or after AA? I think AA should be allowed in the
2
> color versions.

    Ummm, ok, before...

> > 32X32X16
>
> I think max 16 colors in the simple color version would be fine :-)
> AA should not count as colors though.
>
> > <=14400pX2
>
> I agree.
>
> > <=14400pX256
>
> Hmm, why 256 colors?

    .gif ... it's some sort of a standard greater than 16 and less than 16m.

> > <=320000pX16m
>
> Do you really need 3 giant
> formats just to show the flexibility and fanciness-potential of a simple
> logo?

    I don't think we -need- it, but it includes 640x480 and would allow folk
to make a sample scene which might include the logo and show how it would be
used in real life. I will submit something soon showing what I mean.