POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Poll: MPEG output option : Re: Poll: MPEG output option Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poll: MPEG output option
From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 16 May 2000 14:57:45
Message: <39219A81.82903B83@t-online.de>
Jetlag wrote:

> How many people would find it useful for POV-Ray to save directly to an
> MPEG-1 file?
>
> I'm just fact-finding for those wondering.

As I can say for me it is not that useful. When I do larger animations
they consist of several scenes which might have different scene
descriptions (pov-files). So I have to render the scenes seperately.
When rendering directly to mpeg1 then I have to connect the mpeg streams
with a tool.
I prefer to render single frames so I can do manipulation (let's say
with 'posttool'). Then I can very easily create a mpeg file with
multiple scenes using Sander Stols CMPEG6.
(Hi Sander, thanks for picking up some of my ideas).

Karl