POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC source files : Re: IRTC source files Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC source files
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 15 May 2000 16:27:05
Message: <39205d99$1@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote...
> I have been trying to render some of the IRTC files and I am amazed that
so
> far none of the ones I tried to run would do so. Missing files, misnamed
> files, orphaned variables, and huge typos.
>
> Am I just unlucky in my choices or is this the way it goes, people
> maybe -trying- to make their files not workable?

When I was entering stuff in the IRTC, I was always so close to the deadline
that I would be a bit sloppy in putting together the code.  At times I'd
accidentally forget to include some INC file that was off in a different
directory, or forget to change some of the hard-coded paths.  I was always
more worried about the image than about the source.

-Nathan