POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC source files : Re: IRTC source files Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC source files
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 15 May 2000 14:26:02
Message: <39203FD8.3CC8492@skynet.be>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> I have been trying to render some of the IRTC files and I am amazed that so
> far none of the ones I tried to run would do so. Missing files, misnamed
> files, orphaned variables, and huge typos.
>
> Am I just unlucky in my choices or is this the way it goes, people
> maybe -trying- to make their files not workable?

It could be both.  I happened to submit incomplete sources, mostly
by forgetting to include someting that was on another path, sometimes
on a vonlutary basis, to prevent exact re-rendering.  However, in
the latest case, it was just some missing, unimportant detail.

I'll simply advise you to write to the author of the file you
wanna render, I'm sure she/he will happily help you !

Fabien.