POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d functions : Re: 3d functions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d functions
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 15 May 2000 10:26:58
Message: <39200932@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt wrote in message <391d46c0@news.povray.org>...

>"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandluf9couk> wrote in message
>> I'm looking for 3d functions and images of the results of those
>functions -
>> anyone know a good link?
>>
>> The sort of thing I'm after is z = x^2 + y^2
>>

>    I can't find the link or discussion now, but I remember that Gail was
>talking to me about how to convert some formulas from a page into
isosurface
>formats. Maybe you can find the discussion and the link is there...

Unfortunatly that discussion was in the middle of March in p.o-t (subject
French curves)
so it's long gone.

try http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~eww6n/math/math0.html    (CRC Concise
Encyclopedia of Mathematics)
or http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/~ra/polyhedra/polyhedra.html

Maybe Ken can help.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *