POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Poll: MPEG output option : Re: MPEG output option Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPEG output option
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 May 2000 06:13:12
Message: <391fcdb8@news.povray.org>
It would be a convenience, but nothing more far as I'm concerned.
It has been said before how such a thing might be done and of the two
ways I can recall only the render first/encode later way was feasible.
The other way was to add each successive frame into the
animation as it was being rendered.   I don't think anyone believed that
to be possible considering the way mpeg gets encoded, i.e. needing
following and preceding frames.  Even though video input can be turned
into mpeg, so there's probably a way to do this such as first getting
several frames rendered before starting the process.

Bob