POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hamaPatch info anyone? : Re: hamaPatch info anyone? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hamaPatch info anyone?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 May 2000 18:52:46
Message: <391c8b3e@news.povray.org>
"Jamie Davison" <jam### [at] dh70qdu-netcom> wrote in message
news:MPG### [at] newsstmuccom...

| Hamapatch can open and save files, it just does it through the import and
| export menus, as I don't think the author has decided on a Hamapatch
| specific file format yet (not necessarily a bad thing, given the sheer
| number of perfectly adequate formats out there, like sPatch for one).
| Please note that this is all guesswork :)
|
| As far as not recognising sPatch files, the only files I've had problems
| with using the new version are the example files that came with sPatch,
| and even that was cured by just opening them in sPatch and saving them
| elsewhere as .spt files.
|
| Try looking in this newsgroup for the thread sPatch-Seen it around
| lately? as there has been some discussion of Hamapatch in it.  The first
| message of the thread was posted on the 30th of April this year.

Thanks.  That's all I needed to hear.  Someone else had already told me
that they could do the File/Import (then OK) to get to *.spt files and open them.
I figured maybe I did something wrong at the time of first run and already
retried that to set up the configuration again with no change.
I was just importing the files from sPatch\Models folder so that must be it.
I'm not much of a sPatch user but I know there's a couple different
ways to save files in that.
I'm sure now I can get it right this time thanks to your reply to me here.  I
really appreciate this.

Bob