POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Link to Several of my Animations : Re: Link to Several of my Animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Link to Several of my Animations
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 May 2000 01:33:07
Message: <391a4613@news.povray.org>
"C.J. (C. Jokinen)" <hou### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| Looking at some of the other animations I was very interrested in the
| "martian dust storm" rolling cloud effect. I was thinking of doing a rolling
| cloud anaimation myself. And to do it using media. I guess what I'm trying
| to say is how did you do it. watching the animation a few times looks as if
| you have mutliple layer clouds animating?

Good guess.  There are 3 objects made up of blobs, each 1 blob with the
components strung along the x axis with a little randomness.  Each of those
three lines of dust cloud are scaled and separated by a distance one behind
the other then all move forward almost together but at slightly varied rates.
The media in them is made of of several different kinds so there's enough
turbulence and heterogeneous look to it.
As many people know media can be a difficult thing to control how you want it.
This was no exception, especially when it moves and shifts around over the duration.

| Throw a dog a bone?

I thought maybe I had posted the pertinent part of one of those animations
at povray.text.scene-files but having looked there I don't see anything.
I'll just send the dust clouds via email to you since I might yet get
a better thing made and upload that later on (someday?).

Bob