POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Black and white or not? : Re: Black and white or not? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:09:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black and white or not?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 10 May 2000 06:50:31
Message: <39193ef7@news.povray.org>
Yes, it should... but (there always is one)...

For this rule/guideline, as with all other contest rules, I adopt the
following attitude : the rule must be obeyed except if the benefits of
breaking it outweighs the benefits gained by applying the rule. Talk about a
subjective notion :-)

So, it would be better if the logo was presentable in B/W, but if there is
an outstanding logo that does not follow the rule, I'll forget the rule and
that logo would get my preference. Now, I would penalise an average-quality
logo (to my taste, by comparison to the other submitted logos) that breaks
this rule - or any other one. This is why I prefer the "guideline" word.

Povingly

Philippe