POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : exploring betavia, question about image map : Re: exploring betavia, question about image map Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: exploring betavia, question about image map
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 7 May 2000 16:47:15
Message: <3915d653@news.povray.org>
Voss <vos### [at] netwayat> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3915C628.36345E4D@netway.at...
> Hello arround,
>
> in the folowing picture i trie'd to create a realistic looking flag.
> Right now i tried this by using a bezier patch with a manual created
> image map.
> (gif image, planar, normalized distance, once are the parameters)
>
> in fact it won't produce a  very  realistic looking flag ....
> i tried to folf the bezier patch arround but it hasn't have much
> effect on the attatched gif......
> I hope anyone in here will have a good idea for me ....

Isn't this the reason why Nathan wrote the uv-patch ???
AFAIK: if you use uv-mapping the Texture will follow the transformation of
the surface ..

This is how I understand it ... If I'm wrong, please correct me ...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','