POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transmit > 1 ? : Re: Transmit > 1 ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmit > 1 ?
From: Rune
Date: 6 May 2000 10:50:08
Message: <39143120@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> This is simply because what is a
> surface that inverts light?

It is not realistic, but I was able to mathematically predict the result,
and it worked.

> It does not exist, there isn't a
> surface that increases the strength
> of light while it is passing through
> it. So there is no universal rule for
> such cases, and it really depends on
> the implementation.

When the transmit value is below 1 (even when it is below 0) POV-Ray uses a
certain formula to calculate which color is seen. All I'm asking is that
that same formula is used when the transmit value is above 1. That way,
although the result wouldn't be realistic, you should still be able to
mathematically predict the result.

To those who are able to look in the source code of POV-Ray:
Does it make sense what I'm saying?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,