POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: Conclusion ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conclusion ?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 May 2000 11:56:03
Message: <3912EE83.88AF9625@inapg.inra.fr>
Patrick Joyal wrote:

> Microsoft logo could have been drawn on a Mac.
> McDonald's arch is not made of hamburgers.
> Pepsi logo is not liquid.

If you have a close look at the packaging (or manuals) of various graphic
software, it's pretty common to read that at least some part of it was made
using the very programme it applies to, when relevant. Adobe manuals are
composed with Adobe software... It's good policy and good marketing.
Of course I'd rather have a good logo made without pov than a bad one made
with it. Anyway, it makes sense to have a pov-made pov logo. For instance,
it would be very cool if the first demo scene (the one which is renderered
automatically when one installs pov for the first time, at least in the
Windows version), was the logo itself.

G.