POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to Get Non-Standart Characters in Truetype Fonts? : Re: How to Get Non-Standart Characters in Truetype Fonts? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:37:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Get Non-Standart Characters in Truetype Fonts?
From: Fabian BRAU
Date: 5 May 2000 08:41:11
Message: <3912C15B.79E487CF@umh.ac.be>

> The only down side to this method is that the .dxf and .pov files
> produced can be very large. If you only do this once in a while it
> is ok but if you are going to produce a lot of files this way they
> will consume a lot of hard drive space.

You can make an include for each character define as object like this
you have something like 26 (or a bit more for special charater) include
file which will not be so big :). I am correct or I missed something
here?
(Perhaps it more difficult the place the character than use ttf but I
use
Moray so...). Moreover in this case, it is just for some special
characters
so this could be interesting :).

Fabian.