POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sPatch-Seen it around lately? : Re: sPatch-Seen it around lately? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch-Seen it around lately?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 5 May 2000 00:31:33
Message: <39124F58.73B0CF1C@tiac.net>
> And what do you mean by the box staying 2D?

It's hard to explain. Think of it like this, have you ever seen a
cartoon
where the character gets run over by a steamroller and then peels
themselves off the road and starts walking around? From the front the
character appears normal but then they turn to walk away which reveals
that they are squashed paper thin... That's what happened when I rotated
my box, it looked fine until I rotated it. But I didn't do anything that
would cause it to do this. I didn't try exporting to see if it would
render that way ie. it could just be a display graphic problem in
hamapatch's
modelling screen.

> Looking at the number of responses to this thread, it seems that sPatch
> is a thoroughly popular program in the POV community in general.

It's a good little modeller for free(that's the part we like the most),
the development of hamapatch is exciting because people have been
wishing for a long time that more features could be added to sPatch.
So it looks like that wish might come true...
--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.