POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh to dxf conversion : Re: mesh to dxf conversion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh to dxf conversion
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 4 May 2000 10:26:12
Message: <39118884@news.povray.org>
>The "dosmooth" parameter should be "false",
>because the conversion is more of a problem for meshes that contain smooth
>triangles, since Crossroads only supports regular ones. You can still
re-smooth
>the triangles in Crossroads if necessary.
>When I can't regenerate a POV mesh without the smoothing, I import the mesh
>Excel, move the values into separated columns, remove the normals and save
it
>(and then import it into Crossroads). It's less straightforward but it
works.

Noted, thanks.

btw do you mind me modifying your macro? I intend to use the trace function
to find the height of a height field and possible the eval_pigment  along
with an
imagemap to determine density of grass.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *