POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: General qualities of the logo. : Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo. Server Time
1 May 2024 03:48:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo.
From: Rune
Date: 4 May 2000 10:16:15
Message: <3911862f@news.povray.org>
"ddombrow" wrote:
> I do agree that the final logo should
> follow those criteria,

Glad we agree about that.

> but why not leave the initial
> submissions open to anything anyone
> wants to submit as a logo.

I think the reason we disagree is that we have a different idea of what
"submission" means. You think submissions are for any logos, including logos
that needs improvement. I think they are for finished logos only. I say
there are no such thing as initial submissions, only final submissions.

> Then we can say, this doesn't make for a
> good logo, then we can ask for what it
> would look like with less detail.

I agree that we should do this, but I think it should be *before* the
submissions.

When the logos have been submitted, it is too late to change them, so the
improvements you are talking about should be before the submissions.

I think people can post their logos in povray.binaries.images. There they
can get feedback, and they can improve it. When the logo doesn't need to be
improved anymore, they can be submitted.

> As it is stated in the article, you can't
> exactly always define what makes logo
> good, but when you see it, you just know
> it. So I say make submissions open, it
> keeps ideas floating around better and may
> spark someone else who comes up with a
> good design.

I say, keep the newsgroups open. The logos can be discussed there. I think
ideas and sparks will thrive anyway.

I hope you will reply to this and tell me what you think :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,