POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh to dxf conversion : Re: mesh to dxf conversion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh to dxf conversion
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 4 May 2000 08:45:23
Message: <391170e3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <39116e83@news.povray.org>...
>  If the mesh is created by a povray macro, it will not be that easy.
>  You will need to output the values generated by the macro to a file
>(perhaps in povray form, ie "union { triangle ... and so on", or directly
>to a format known by the conversion program, like the raw format). For this
>you will need to use the #write command and perhaps modify the macro a bit
>to support this.

The macro already supports writing meshes to a file. I will still need to
modify
it a bit as I want the objects to fit on a height field.

Thanks

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *